Drop In Media’s Mobile Toolkit is an enterprise grade software platform for the rapid deployment, management, and hosting of mobile WAP/SMS/MMS applications.
The Toolkit provides a container for running various types of SMS/MMS games, alerts, chats, and many more services. The platform provides a wide range of common features which seamlessly takes care of the business logic for the user.
To demonstrate this concept, let’s consider what it takes to build a simple SMS Voting application. To do so, one must build subscriber management tools, double opt-in, billing support, integrations with both gateways and carriers, support for STOP, HELP, and INFO commands, and a multitude of carries specific requirements.
Drop In Media’s platform provides all these common features and much more as a one stop solution, providing the SMS voting application itself as a plug-in that simply tallies the votes from each subscriber. As a result, the time it took to develop, build and launch this voting application is four hours, as compared to the weeks it would have taken to build each individual function.
Drop In Media Toolkit mobile platform features the following:
- Highly flexible billing system:
- Free trial.
- Monthly billing, with automated renewal messages.
- Transactional billing, with 1st, 2nd, etc billing message.
- Billing suspensions and automatic retries for “Over Spending Limit” errors on prepaid carriers.
- Bill over PSMS or directly using QPass billing IDs.
- We support carriers’ monthly spending caps, with automatic user suspensions when they reach the cap, and automatic reinstatement on the 1st of the following month.
- We also support carrier “step cap” confirmation for some carriers (such as Verizon Wireless) where the user must confirm to continue service each time they spend $25 within any calendar month.
- Integrated Opt-In, Out-Out Management.
- Commands HELP, INFO, STOP, etc.
- WAP site support as a front-end to the service.
- MMS support for text and images, with handset detection and automatic image size selection.
- HTML form generator produces functional “subscribe” forms for third party web sites.
- Branded forms with HTML header/footer, to match the look and feel of the lead generating site.
- Scheduler that allows subscribers to trigger any application based on a custom schedule.
- Manual Push Message capability for campaign owners to manually message all active subscribers. This feature supports filtering by carrier, by area code, or by handset model, as well as sending SMS or MMS messages directly to customers.
- Integrated graphical reporting for inbound/outbound messages, users, average daily lifetime, conversion rate, and revenue.
- Keyword-based campaign hosting allows sharing a single short code between multiple campaigns.
- And many more…
Drop In Media’s Toolkit platform can also host multiple campaigns across many shortcodes in several countries. The platform supports the following connections:
- SMS connectivity via SMPP, OpenMarket SMSC, MX Telecom SMPP SMSC, Mobile365 SMSC, mBlox SMSC, ImpactMobile SMPP SMSC.
- MMS connectivity via MM7, supporting OpenMarket MMSC, MX Telecom MMSC, Sprint/Boost MMSC, ImpactMobile MMSC.
- Direct billing via QPass or wMode.
Our turn key solutions include:
- Operator-staffed chat service (where one or more operators reply to an inbound queue of SMS messages). Possible applications – dispatch service, psychic chat, chat with a specialist, etc.
- MMS alerts application — send alerts on a scheduled basis via MMS. Applications includes news alerts, picture alerts, image of the day, etc.
- Voting application — tally votes over SMS.
- Word games: hangman, trivia and quizzes via SMS.
- URL invoker — invoke a particular URL for each incoming SMS message with customizable URL parameters.
- And many more…